NDA 1 Application Form 2019 (Released) – Apply Online for UPSC NDA 1 2019
Online submission of application can only be made at website www.upsconline.nic.in
NDA 2019 (I) Exam Last Dates and other important information
What is NDA Exam 2019 ?
NDA Exam 2019 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year (once in April and once in September) for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The approx number of candidates selected through each exam for National Defence Academy is about 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force) and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme Naval Academy the numbers advertised was 44. All Candidates who wish to apply may fill up the NDA online application form with complete information as required. Candidates who have Physics, Chemistry and Maths can choose in all three Services – The Airforce, Navy and the Army.If you want to Just apply for Indian army, you just need to be a 12th Class pass in any stream of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Check out this post for complete info on NDA 2019 Exam
National Defence Academy
National Defence Academy at khadakwasla is a Defence Training Institute which imparts basic training for all three Services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force and Navy. India Males (NDA is not for females) who intend to join armed Forces can join NDA after 12th. To get into NDA, A three stage selection Procedure is followed, i.e. Written Exam, Service Selection Board Interview and Finally Medical examination. The selected candidates go through rigorous training for 3 years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of JNU Delhi (Apart from this the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like PT, Drills And games. The emphasis in NDA is on character building, mental and physical robustness, leadership and a sense of keen observation for leading the troops in the Battle field.
NDA (I) 2019 Exam
- An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 21st April 2019 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 143rd Course, and for the 105thIndian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January 2020.
No. of Vacancies
- The Approximate No. of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
- National Defence Academy: 342 (208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 50
- Total Vacancies: 392
- Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
NDA 2019 Dates – Last Date to Apply
- Date of Notification: 09th January 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Applications: 04th February 2019 (till 6.00 PM)
- Online Applications can be withdrawn from 08th February to 14th February 2019 (till 6:00 PM)
- Date of Examination: 21st April 2019
- Duration of Exam: 01 Day
- Course (INAC) commencing from 02nd January 2020
NDA 2019 Eligibility Conditions
- Nationality: A candidate must either be (i) a citizen of India, or ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 2000 and not later than 01st July 2003 are eligible.
- The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Secondary School Exam or an equivalent exam certificate.
- These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the exam.
- No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Secondary School Exam Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- (a) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- (b) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent exam can also apply for this exam. Such candidates who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self-attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block. III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24th December 2019 failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be.
- Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photostate copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
- Note 1: Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam is not eligible for this examination.
- Note 2: Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Exam should note that this is only a special concession given to them.
- Note 3: Those candidates who have failed CPSS/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
NDA 2019 (I) Admit Card
The NDA Exam 2019 Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates No Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admit Card the candidate must have his vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him
NDA Exam Centres:
- The Examination will be held at the following Centres – Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
- Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
NDA 2019 Application
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website www.upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in.
- The Online Applications can be filled upto 04th February 2019 till 06.00 PM.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 08th February 2019 to 14th February 2019 till 6:00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B).
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 04th February 2019 till 6.00 PM. . you need to apply online at https://www.upsc.gov.in
NDA Application Fee
- Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/MasterCard Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode, should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 03rd February 2019 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-Slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6.00 P.M. of 04th February 2019.